Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Face of Gratitude

September 29, 2009

The Face of Gratitude

While walking back home from taking Sivanna to daycare this morning I had a happenstance encounter that reminded me of the face or grace of gratitude. While crossing a walking bridge I saw ahead of me a very interesting looking young man with an extreme smile on his face; the kind of smile that makes you question it. Seeing this smile made me wonder where it was coming from. It was just there for no apparent reason. I continued to walk toward him and in the next instant his eyes lit up like Christmas lights and I followed his gaze to the ground. He proceeded to retrieve a lonely $10 bill. I commented to him “It’s your lucky day”.
This moment in time, the capturing of his smile prior to knowing his soon to be acquisition, was an instant snapshot to me of gratitude and the power of manifestation. His smile and demeanour indicated that he was in the frequency of abundant joy, of expectation, of excitement. The universe in that moment rewarded him with more abundance. I reflected on the importance of resonance and being able to live and be in the frequencies of love and joy and with excited expectation. I was reminded that in order to access the wonderful offerings of the universe, of which there are so many, we need to be in the matching frequency to receive and allow them in. It was a beautiful example of the simple grace of gratitude and I had the pleasure of having my own gratitude for the gift of the message I received.

No comments:

Post a Comment