Monday, August 23, 2010

Cry Not

While walking home today after dropping Sivanna off at her daycare, I started to reflect on the realization that this is the last week she will be attending there before starting school. The daycare has had a special place in my heart and this is an end of an era for both Sivanna and for me. I thought I would share how interesting this experience was for me. As I started to feel the associated emotions of the transition; such as sadness, loss, change etc., I then became an observer of myself. I realized that “feeling these feelings” was truly a choice. Wow, I realized I did not have to be sad. I could choose to experience this or not. It was very freeing to realize that Sivanna is starting school next week whether I am sad, happy or indifferent so why would I want to feel loss and suffering? I chose to not attach at all and just enjoy the walk home with promise of a new era in our lives beautifully unfolding as it will.... ahhh.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie! I've always been excited when the kids transition to a new stage in life. Yesterday I dropped Chelsea off for her very first day of work at a local grocery store....my baby has a job. :) Mind you, she's not too happy about working...lol. I'm working on changing that...
    I didn't realize you had a blog...very cool. I see you take questions...be careful what you offer, as I have questions everyday.
    Congrats to Sivanna...I'm sure she will love school. ")
    Have a great day!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete