Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Little Mitten & The Tracks

The Little Mitten & The Tracks
Every morning when I take my 4 year old Sivanna, to the school bus I am moved beyond words. Today we got ready and moved through our morning routine to get us to bus time. First and foremost today we must check to make sure the four snowmen she and Dad built are still standing. Yes! We carry on and finally we are out the door with snow suit, hat, mitts and backpack. We cut under the tree in the front yard (the short cut) and head for the bus. It’s the 2nd snow fall and it’s wet. When we get to the bus stop we wait and chat. Today we make footprints in the snow and compare our boots. She amazes me with the things she not only knows but points out to me. I have a maple leaf pattern on the bottom of my boot. Wow, who knew? The bus comes and as we wait for it to make its turn onto our street we start our new ritual of counting until it comes. We kiss and hug and Sivanna gets on the bus. She sits on the front seat and looks out the window at me. This is the part that moves me the most. I see her smiling face and we send kisses and hugs and she waves her little pink mitten at me until I can see her no more. I turn toward our house and see our set of tracks that led us to the bus. I follow them home and I have absolute gratitude for the gift of a family and a home filled with love, but most of all for the little girl who holds the little waving mitten......

No comments:

Post a Comment